1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 9:46 PM by msbertrand

Error This item cannot be modified here because it is already being modified in a different window.

websalesabc

Hi, hopefully someone can help me with this one. I know this is an error that can appear in quite a number of places but I'll try and explain my situation and hope someone can help me.

I have a FM file that is hosted in FM Server 12 Advance. The file has three main privilage sets.

The first is the Admin [Full Access] set,

The second is a set that allows a "Manager" access to settings and information that they want their team to view.

The third is a "Team" set that allows the team a basic view only acces to a set of specific layouts.

Through a drop down menu the Manager selects the specific layout that the Team can view. Once this is set the team will automatically access that layout when they sign in.

All team members sign in via FileMaker Go 12.

It all works fine, untill the manager wants to change the layout that the team is suppose to access. As soon as the manager tries to change the selected layout via the drop down menu the following message appears:

This item cannot be modified here because it is already being modified in a different window.

This is confusing as the layout the manager is in is the only open window and nobody else is signed in with the manager's account settings or even privilage set.

I have even tried closing the file on the server and accessing it via FileMaker Go just to make sure that all windows are closed. As soon as I change the Layour option once, it keeps giving me this error message when I try to change it again.

I will be truly greatful if someone can help me with this one.

Thanks

Joh

1 2 3 4 Previous Next