2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2013 6:53 AM by ssurma

Dependent value lists

ssurma

I work for a school district and want the value lists to depend on a choice from before, but can't seem to get it work correctly.

Three lists:

Building - contains all the schools we have, easy to do, this is the start

Department- each building will contain different departments, some will be grade levels, others will be subjects, this is dependent on the building chosen

Staff- this will be the staff that is in the building chosen and the department selected, this is the one I actually get to work as I created a self join with the above two as global fields and if they are selected everything works.

The problem is the middle value list, departments, the only way I can get it to work is to show all records not just the ones for the building chosen.

Any ideas?

Here is table occurances view:

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 6.43.17 AM.png

• 1. Re: Dependent value lists
          manjit

I think you are looking for the related value list which will be depend on the input value of Building in the global field (e.g. key_BUILDING). If so you can get it easily by creating a relational value list.

Setp1.

Create a relation from Composite_Score to Building Table which will be mapping like as follows: (key_BUILDING = Building)

1.JPG

Step2.

Create a new value list which will list only the related departments from selected building. The value list should be create like below screenshot.

2.JPG

Hope this will solve your requirement.

with regards,

Manjit Behera

Software Developer, Mindfire Solutions, India

http://www.mindfiresolutions.com

email:manjitb@mindfiresolutions.com

• 2. Re: Dependent value lists
            ssurma

Thanks, I missed the last part with composite score only related.  That fixed it.