rfaintich2013

Need help with Relational Database lookup

Discussion created by rfaintich2013 on May 21, 2013
Latest reply on May 22, 2013 by jibardhan

Hi! Thank you in advance for any possible help! I'm pulling my hair out.

To summarize: I am making a video viewer for an Athletic Team. I have an "Editor" Table where I have entered in "Athlete Name", "Specific Event" and "Video"—which is tied to that specific event. For example, John Smith, had a game in Hawaii, and I put the video into a container field. I then entered each entry as a new record in that table. (There is also a ID# for each entry)

In a new "Viewer" table, I established a relationship between the "Athlete Name". I set up pop-up menus, so that if you select "John Smith" the next field shows the specific contests as a value list. No problem there. The problem is, I just can not figure out how to get other values, for example, specific events. It just takes the first match of "John Smith" and shows the TD's, etc, from that event. I can't find a way to get it to search based on specific event. And my video container, based on that same problem, can only display the first video from a record of the Athlete's name.

Please, please, if anyone can point me in the right direction! I've tried creating a third table, and linking the Specific Event between this new table and the "Viewer" Table, to no avail.....

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Ryan

Outcomes