Title: FMRPC: Let the Server Do the Work
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2013
Time: 3:00PM – 4:00PM EDT
Join us for a free webinar showcasing FMRPC.
FMRPC (FileMaker Remote Procedure Call) allows FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go to offload data and processor-intensive operations to FileMaker Server, thus dramatically boosting mobile application performance. FMRPC also allows FileMaker Go to use plug-ins and send JDBC commands, thus enabling mobile FileMaker applications to perform functions it never could before. FMRPC is a new product created by the teams at Skeleton Key and 360Works.
The agenda includes:
- A side-by-side comparison of application performance with and without FMRPC
- A demonstration of how easy it is to install and configure FMRPC
- A demonstration on how easy it is to implement FMRPC into your solution
- A demonstration of best practices and approaches that make the most of what FMRPC offers
Who Should Attend?
- FileMaker Pro Developers
- FileMaker Server Administrators
FIRST LOOK at FMRPC:
Since about the end of DevCon last year, Mark Richman, Skeleton Key and Jesse Barnum, 360Works collaborated on the creation of a new product, FMRPC:
FileMaker Remote Procedure Call - FMRPC
It allows a FileMaker user to run data and processor-intensive operations on the FileMaker server and on demand. This happens without the need for any plug-in, server-side queues or server-side schedules. In addition, FMRPC expands the functionality of both FileMaker Go and FileMaker Pro, enabling them to things they simply can't do on their own. FMRPC is simple to install and secure, but we'll save all that for a future video.
For now, all you need to know is that it consists of 4 components:
• FileMaker Server or FileMaker Server Advanced with XML web publishing (and, if available, XDBC) enabled.
• One service, installed wherever the web server is installed
• One table, which you copy and paste into your solution
• Two scripts, which you copy and paste into your solution