5 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 12:46 PM by GaryTate

sales

componere

Hello I have a Big problem !!!!!! ok in one layout is my sales items and every time i enter a sale i want to automatically put the word sold on a record in my inventory layout. Is that possible?

• 1. Re: sales
          timwhisenant

Sure, SetField is your friend. SetField( MyInventory::Message; "SOLD") Attach to a button in your sales form on the line item in the entry portal and we are done.

Tim

• 2. Re: sales
            componere

Hello

I'm still having trobule , its didnt work. Is there a way to auotmaticly sale a item once the bar code has been entered in a different layout. Now all my Layouts have there own assicated table so in my sales layout as soon as I enter a new record with the bar code i want it to put the word SOLD in my inventory layout that matches the bar code.

thankyou for helping me

• 3. Re: sales
              PaulHaskell

I assume you have a relationship between Items and Inventory, based on an ItemCode? ... Then make a calculated field in Inventory: If ( Inventory::ItemCode = Item::ItemCode ; "SOLD" ).

-paul

• 4. Re: sales
                componere

That Didn¹t work ether

• 5. Re: sales
                  GaryTate

There are a lot of different ways to do this, and a lot of assumptions need to be made about your solution, but here goes ;-)

Couple of things you need to cover...

1. You need to trigger the activity

2. You need to identify the inventory item and then set a field to hold the word sold (there are other options, but keep it simple)

As I say, there are lots of ways of doing it but here is one solution...

1. You either need to set up a button that is always pressed when this activity is carried out, or you can set up a script trigger that gets fired when a condition is met (eg typing into a field or whatever)

2. You should now have a link through to the inventory item via a relationship, so you should be able to set the related field through the relationship.

As there are so many variables here its a little difficult to give exact answers, but I'd happily have a look at your solution for you if you want to get in touch and send me a copy.

Gary