2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2013 7:35 AM by embeco

Kiosk Layout Design

embeco

I am looking for a multi-table layout design for a kiosk system (no FMP12 menus whatsoever). I would just like to see one to get ideas on how to setup my application.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Kiosk Layout Design
          GaryTate

Well that's quite an open brief :-)

What is the system going to do, what platform will it be delivered on (mac/windows & screen size).

Turning off menus is quite easy, but just remember that everything you remove may need to added back in elsewhere.

I generally have a navigation menu across the top running from the left, buttons running from the right and a home button top left (normally a logo). That said I'm just putting the finishing touches to a dynamic menu system with buttons running down the left hand side.

One place to look is at websites as they can give good design ideas (and bad :-) but remember vthey u different technology so can be difficult if not impossible to replicate, but can give you ideas.

G

• 2. Re: Kiosk Layout Design
            embeco

Thanks, Gary, for your suggestions. The system will be windows with a

standard screen. I just noticed that all of the samples put forth by

FileMaker include the FileMaker toolbar requiring that the user know how to

utilize it and I don't want that so editing, adding and deleting needs to be

accommodated from the layouts. I was just looking for design recommendations

on how they should be laid out i.e. samples of kiosk systems currently up

and running.

I appreciate your response.  I am an old-time DOS dBASE guy and I'm finding

FileMaker a blast. Now if I could only convince my son-in-law client to

support a trip to Dev Con I would be a happy camper.

Steve Baker