3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 10:56 AM by littleitaly5588

Import Problems

littleitaly5588

Recently, I have been having problems with imports. I will do a "find" for the items I want to import into another table and instead of just the records found being imported, the entire table is imported. Has anyone had this problem and can anyone help me resolve it? It doesn't happen all the time, but enough times that it's causing problems. Thanks! Adele

• 1. Re: Import Problems
          AlanStirling

Hi LittleItaly

I suspect that you are closing the file containing the table to be imported, having made the selection, but before running the import.

If I remember correctly, closed files will import all records, whereas open files will only import the current selection.

That's the only reason for your current problem that comes to mind.

Best wishes - Alan Stirling - London UK.

• 2. Re: Import Problems
            littleitaly5588

Thanks Alan!  I am not closing the file that I am importing from and that's why I'm confused on why this is happening.  I've been using FileMaker for years and this is the first time I've had this problem.

• 3. Re: Import Problems
              littleitaly5588

Alan,  I think I found the problem.  I was trying to import from one table to another in the same database.  I had a "new" window opened to show both tables and tried to import with both windows open.  Once I closed the 2nd window, but still kep the "find" for that table, it worked with no problem.  I hate that it doesn't work with both windows open thought. Thanks