4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2013 4:03 PM by AnatoleBeams

Differing find results when database hosted on FileMaker Server 11

AnatoleBeams

Mac Mini running OSX 10.7.5 with Filemaker Server 11.0.4

- When I run the database hosted on FMS and access using FMpro on the same machine or any other, when I do a date range find I am given a nonsenical result of a fairly random collection of recent records.

- When I close FMS and run the same database using FMpro client the range find works perfectly.

I have tried recovering the database, changing the date & time settings on the server and restarting everything.

Any other ideas?

I am reluctant to install 11.0.5 as it is such a palaver and I am not using 10.8, but this is one thing I have not tried.

Thanks - Anatole

• 1. Re: Differing find results when database hosted on FileMaker Server 11
          Mike_Mitchell

It certainly sounds like index corruption. You're certain you're opening the file using Open Remote when hosted?

Mike

• 2. Re: Differing find results when database hosted on FileMaker Server 11
            AnatoleBeams

Absolutely. I agree - it has every hallmark of index corruption. But it behaves perfectly when I run it stand-alone.

All the other finds are working OK. This one however, the date feild is a unstored calculation field in a related table so it has a bit more work to do. But I don't understand why it should work when run as a standalone database, but not when served.

I am running some tests, modifying a parallel calculation field, simplifying it progressively to see when it starts to respond correctly.

Thanks for the input though.

Anatole

• 3. Re: Differing find results when database hosted on FileMaker Server 11
              usbc

Hello Anatole,

I see that your phone number begins with, +44 .

Have a look at the Help file (just to cover all bases):

Set Use System Formats

Description

Each FileMaker Pro database file stores the date, time, and number formatting of the computer on which the database was created. These regional settings may be different from the system formats currently set on your computer.

When you use the current system formats, you don't change the formats saved with the file – you simply enter and view data in a format that's familiar to you. For example, if a database was created in Australia, where dates are usually written day-month-year, and you open it in the United States, where dates are usually written month-day-year, FileMaker Pro alerts you that the system formats are different.

A startup script that uses the Set Use System Formats script step can be used to control how FileMaker Pro handles date, time, and number formats for a file that has system formats that are different from the current system formats.

Chuck

• 4. Re: Differing find results when database hosted on FileMaker Server 11
                AnatoleBeams

That's a great idea Chuck. I will try that. - just did and it changes nothing unfortunately - thanks for the idea though and well spotted with the +44.

I did check the system formats and they are fine when running the stand-alone. Then when running on the same machine but served on FMS it fails, so I had discounted the system formats, but it may be that FMS is treating them differently.