1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2013 8:15 AM by mikebeargie

Loss of metadata

IanWilson

I have a number of photographers who need access to our FileMaker 12 Server Advanced database using FileMaker Go on iPhone 5 and iPad 4. The plan is for them to transfer images from their cameras to, for example, an iPad 4. On the iPad they can use an image-editing app to do basic edits, such as crop and resize. I also want them to add metadata, such as caption details, credit, special instructions etc. All this they can do with no problem.

However, when they log onto to our images database and try to upload an image into a container field, virtually all the metadata is lost. The image ends up on the server, but it has no included metadata. But, if they choose to email the image or FTP it from their iPad, the images transfer just fine together with the metadata. Now, I can work with this workflow, but in order to extract the metadata into the FileMaker database will require some post-processing on the server, and I'd much prefer a "live" solution using FM 12's neat container features.

Has anyone else come across this behaviour, and if they have, did they manage to find a solution?

Cheers

Ian