1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2013 2:07 PM by GarySprung

    Inconsistent find results on related data

    GarySprung

      I have a CWP solution that registers people for a conference. The full participant list giving inconsistent data in the address column. Addresses are related records, as in Participant->Contacts->Addresses. (A calc returns the addresss marked "primary".)

       

      The various instances:

      • Often the first Participant record's related address does not appear.
      • Sometimes all the addresses display correctly.
      • Ocassionally none of the addresses display correctly.
      • Sometimes the page displays this error: "PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:inetpubwwwrootFileMakerImplementationFileMakerImpl.php on line 373"

       

      The find is not complicated. The PHP code:

      $layout_name = 'webParticipantsList';

      $findPartic = $fm->newFindCommand($layout_name);

      $findPartic->AddFindCriterion('_FK_EventID',$evntPK);

      $findPartic->AddFindCriterion('Cancel_Reg','=');

      $findParticResult = $findPartic->execute();

       

      This is followed by Filemaker::isError trapping and I never see those errors reported. The find succeeds and does return the desired records.

      The code then gets the fields, such as



      $city = $record->getField('evntpartic_cntct_ADDRESSES::City');

      and for the address column, concatenates:



      $table_rows .= '<td>'.$city.', '.$state.', '.$country."</td> ";

       

      The page takes about 30 seconds to load, but this seems not so slow given the 307 records being displayed. Is it possible the inconsistent result is just from too much data causing memory issues? I guess my next step is to break the returned data returned into 25- or 50-record segments with links to next and previous segments.

        • 1. Re: Inconsistent find results on related data
          GarySprung

          I just discovered that Filemaker is a culprit in the inconsistent behavior. The layout the web page uses will sometimes display all the related addresses and sometimes only some. In table view, that layout was not displaying some addresses so I did a Records->Refresh Window and the addresses all appeared.

           

          I am adding a Refresh Window with Flush Cached Joins script trigger onRecordLoad. I'll watch for a while and report back here as to whether that does the trick.