AnsweredAssumed Answered

Missing Fundamental Issue

Question asked by Jason_Farnsworth on May 31, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2013 by DavidJondreau

I have a simple table DataBase Relationship attached to show an example:

Capture.PNG

If I create a record within the _Sub_Table (and I have the option checked in the relationship to allow a record creation in the main table via this relationship) should it not create a record in the main table and put the _kf_MainID into the Sub_Table field of _kf_MAINID?

What I am trying to so is a bit more complexed that the example but I hope it gets the point across. I have (3) tables in my database, a JOB table, a DataLog_Main Table, and a DataLog_LineItems Table. The Job table is the main table, The Datalog_Main is a table that I store root details of a data log ( Much like the main details of an invoice), and finally the Lineitems table is all the different data points. I could have many DataLog_Main tables within one JOB table, and many Lineitems per a DataLog_Main table.

Where I am getting stuck is I am Importing the LineItems from and excel spreadsheet, and during the import cycle I am missing the link of lineitems to the Main Table.

I have something very fundamental that I am missing or overlooking that I am sure is a simple stupid thing, but nonetheless I digress.

Any help would be great, and thanks in advance

Jason Farnsworth

Midland, TX

Outcomes