MichaelDolley

FMS12 Web Publishing Engine - Slowdowns

Discussion created by MichaelDolley on Jun 3, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 by user1618

I am having some problems with a FileMaker Server 12 install. The Custom Web Publishing side of things keeps grinding to a complete halt. It does seem to correct itself in a few minutes, but that isn't good enough for the end user.

I have outlined the settings below, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The machine is running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.

FileMaker Server is version 12.0v4

During the crash Web Publishing Engine Service (fmscwpc.exe) memory usage steadily increases (you can watch it rising in the processes tab of Task Manager)

After a reset the baseline is around 234,860K and I have seen it get up to around 750,000K during the crash.

fmswpc.exe *32 memory usage is around 67,000K and seems consistent.

I have observed the website slowing down (crashing), and when checked the fmscwpc.exe process memory usage had jumped to 704,000K

I then restarted the World Wide Web Publishing Service and the memory usage dropped down to 600,000K and the site started working again.

Doesn't appear to be related to the number of connections as I have observed the issue happening during non-peak times.

During a crash there are usually multiple web connections showing in admin console. Closing these WPE users through the FileMaker Admin console also appears to resolves the issue.

I have tried tweaking the FastCGI settings for IIS7.5. The current settings are

Full Path: C:Program FilesFileMakerFileMaker ServerWeb Publishingpublishing-enginephpphp-cgi.exe

Arguments:

Environment Variables: (Collection)

Instance MaxRequests: 10000

Max Instances: 40

Monitor changes to file:

Standard error mode: TerminateProcess

Activity Timeout: 140

Advanced

FlushNamedpipe:

Protocol: NamedPipe

Idle Timeout: 600

Queue Length: 2000

Rapid Fails PerMinute: 10

Request Timeout: 90

Changing these settings has lead to small improvements, but it is still experiencing problems.

During a slowdown event plain html pages can still load, as well as a phpinfo test page.

I have created two versions of the login page of the CWP solution - one uses XML to load information, the other uses the PHPAPI. Both of these are equally effected during slowdown events.

Outcomes