2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 8:40 AM by mikebeargie

Create a list from a portal

fmpro_novice

I have two files that are joined together.

One is a database that stores name, email, phone for everyone who has or will participate in one of our events. The other is a file is for a specific event.

People are added to the specific event in groups of 4 or 5 with a portal. They create a "team." After these "teams" have been added to a specific event, I need to be able to create a list of all the people who are participating in this specific event. The list is needed for registration/check-in so their names can be alphabetized and found quickly.

I duplicated a layout from the portal page to make a list layout. This layout shows all the people in the event - but it also shows every single person in the database - but where their names would be - are only seemingly blank entries. If I go to each of these seemingly blank records, I can omit them one by one until the list is pared down to only those people participating in the specific event. I tried to do a Find with ( = ) in the seemingly blank records to quickly omit them, but the Find fails.

In my database, there are 86 records. In my specific event, there are 3 records with 12 names added via the portal. When I go to my list page, it shows there are 86 records in my list. I need to show only the 12 names that were added with the portal. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks.