1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 5:37 PM by PeterWindle

Filemaker 11 Layout Problem - can't move items with mouse

scjensen

This is a strange issue which started a few weeks ago... I've moved most of my development to FMP12, but I still have a number of solutions in version 11. I've noticed that, while working in v11, I can no longer move items on a layout with the mouse... the outline moves, but once I let go it immediately bounces back. I can move with the arrow keys, but that is tedious to say the least. I've tried creating a new database, and the problem persists. Very strange. My thought was to delete preferences and start over, so I did. I deleted everything that starts with com.filemaker. in the preferences folder, everything in the application support folder, and everything in the caches folder. I even went back and replaced the application folder with one from a year ago via time machine. No joy... problem persists. Any other thoughts? I have a Mac running OS X 10.6.8, Filemaker 11 Pro Advanced 11.0v4.

I'd really like to just reset everything without having to dig up the disk and reinstall... any ideas?

Thanks!

fmp11_issue.png

Here is a screenshot showing field test03 being dragged... only the shadow moves, and as soon as I let go of the mouse it snaps back to its original position