BillisSaved

How can you create a new record from layout tab?

Discussion created by BillisSaved on Jun 14, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2013 by BillisSaved

Hey all,

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you offer; it's greatly appreciated!

I'm creating my first database in Filemaker (FMP 12 Pro) and I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to create a new record via fields in a tab control. I can modifiy the existing data.

Here's the scenario: I have a layout which displays student information (e.g., name, date of birth, etc...) and I've placed multiple tab controls on this layout which display information related to this student (e.g., employer info, training history, etc...). What I would like to do is create a tab that allows me to enroll this student in a new course (i.e. create a new training history record) that would then be displayed on the adjacent Training History tab. So far, I've only been able to see and modify the last class in which the student was enrolled. On this new tab, Course Enrollment, I don't need to see any previously attended courses, I just need to be able to create a new Training History record by selecting/entering the appropriate information for the class (e.g., course name, instructor, start date, etc...). How can I accomplish this? Thanks again for your time.

God Bless,

Bill

Outcomes