2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 1:48 AM by thomas_staehli

Label disappearing in FM Go depending on the font

thomas_staehli

I noticed something really strange on a small FM solution that we plan to deploy on some iPads and iPhones, the first word of the labels disappear from the layouts when using some fonts in filemaker Go. For example if I put a label using the "Tahoma" font (default with cool brown theme), the first word does not appear anymore. On those same layouts, if I change the font to Arial or Helevetica, everything appears.

It's no big deal as it's a small solution and I can easily change all the fonts to make it work, but I still find it really strange, any idea on how to solve that issue? I'm using FM 12 advanced 12.0v4 and filemaker Go 12.0.7

• 1. Re: Label disappearing in FM Go depending on the font
          stefan_s

Hi Thomas,

It might be just a question of the text object being too narrow. Try making the text object a little broader.

HTH

Stefan - on the road again

Thomas Staehli <noreply@filemaker.com> kirjoitti 17.6.2013 kello 11.31:

created by Thomas Staehli in Advanced Discussion - View the full discussion

I noticed something really strange on a small FM solution that we plan to deploy on some iPads and iPhones, the first word of the labels disappear from the layouts when using some fonts in filemaker Go. For example if I put a label using the "Tahoma" font (default with cool brown theme), the first word does not appear anymore. On those same layouts, if I change the font to Arial or Helevetica, everything appears.

It's no big deal as it's a small solution and I can easily change all the fonts to make it work, but I still find it really strange, any idea on how to solve that issue? I'm using FM 12 advanced 12.0v4 and filemaker Go 12.0.7

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on FileMaker Technical Network

Start a new discussion in Advanced Discussion by email or at FileMaker Technical Network

Manage your email preferences.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2013 • San Diego, California • August 12-15 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 2. Re: Label disappearing in FM Go depending on the font
            thomas_staehli

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot for your answer, that solved the issue!