5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 5:27 PM by Malcolm

GM Go Wifi Error

mclasen@mclasen.com

My client is a hospital and are using iPads to make their rounds with Filemaker Go. The iPad keeps switching to a "test" network set up by the Hospital IT staff rather than the Clinical WiFi network it needs to be connected to.

Here is the scenario: Connect to Clinical network, start making rounds, the iPad switches to this "test" network and loses connection to the internet as the Test Network is private. Ther weirdness is that the network sometimes shows it's still connected to the Clinical network but the password dialog doesn't come up and internet access is lost as well. Happens with a browser as well as FM Go. The IT Staff suggests its a Filemaker issue/iPad issue.

They are unable to select Forget Network in the settings. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

• 1. Re: GM Go Wifi Error
          BowdenData

Very strange that they can't select to forget the network. I suggest a full network reset.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If that doesn't work, you may be looking at a full restore of the iPad.

In your message, you imply that there is one iPad that is acting up. Do the others work okay?

HTH.

Doug

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: GM Go Wifi Error
            mclasen@mclasen.com

It seems you can't forget networks unless you have the password already. Different iPads have more issues with it ie v4 acts up more than an iPad v3.

• 3. Re: GM Go Wifi Error
              tech_liaison

Do you happen to have a test/development instance of FileMaker Server on the "test" network? If so, are there file references in the solution that point to the "test" server? I'm just guessing here because I'm not an IT guru, but I'm wondering if there's enough of a lag as your users switch network nodes that FileMaker starts looking for the connection to the database and finds the path to the test server via the file reference, which causes the iPad to switch to the "test" network?

Regarding the "Forget Network" issue: are there restrictions applied to these iPads that would prohibit non-admin users from making changes to settings? That could explain why users are unable to make the iPads forget a network.

HTH,

Dave

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: GM Go Wifi Error
                mclasen@mclasen.com

Nope no file references but the IT might have some restrictions for non admin users which we are pursuing. I'll post if there is a definitive answer.

• 5. Re: GM Go Wifi Error
                  Malcolm

My client is a hospital and are using iPads to make their rounds with Filemaker Go. The iPad keeps switching to a "test" network set up by the Hospital IT staff rather than the Clinical WiFi network it needs to be connected to.

Can they put a password on the Test network?

Malcolm