AnsweredAssumed Answered

Records not comitting

Question asked by LabsRock on Jun 21, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2013 by BobGossom

We're having problems with a database where the information in newly created records is being lost if the network/server connection is broken. I've checked the layout setup for the data entry layout being used and it is set to save record changes automatically. My understanding of this is that once you leave a field that you have entered data in that record is committed and the information is saved. However if I create a new record from that layout, enter data into five or six fields, then break my network connection, when I open the database again the record is there but all of the fields are blank - except the primary key.

We're in FileMaker 11 Server Advanced running on a Mac Server. The data entry layout does use a custom menu in which I've removed the New Record, Delete Record, and Delete All menu items among others, but I can't think of anything there that would impact saving the records automatically.

Is there some other control on the commit records that I am missing? Thanks in advance for any input.

Craig

Outcomes