3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 11:29 AM by gladams

Webviewer chartson Mac rotates 180 degrees and slides down on Mac

gladams

I have been using an application on Windows for a while now, and printing/saving to pdf of Fusion charts produced in the webviewer have worked fine. Recently a client wanted a Mac version. The charts work fine in browse mode, but are shown upside down and offset down in preview mode. I've tried all sorts of things to try and rectify this without success. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Webviewer chartson Mac rotates 180 degrees and slides down on Mac
          usbc

Hi,

Does the "tried all sorts of things" include a scripted Print Setup prior to entering Preview Mode ?

If not that is a place to look at insomuch as Preview is showing you how it is to be printed.

• 2. Re: Webviewer chartson Mac rotates 180 degrees and slides down on Mac
            mikebeargie

USBC points out an important distinction, Browse mode is not Preview mode. How does it look in preview mode on the mac?

Are both Printing and saving as PDF broken?

Are you using the "Save as PDF" script step, or is the client using a Print to PDF function?

Are your web viewers displaying fusion charts auto-resizing to fit the page?

Do you have your layout set with static margins?

There's "all sorts of things" that come to mind to try or fiddle with, but without any access to your file, it might be hard to diagnose based on your description. If you could isolate the layout, scrub any private data, and post a sample for us to play with, we might be able to come up with what is wrong and how to fix it.

• 3. Re: Webviewer chartson Mac rotates 180 degrees and slides down on Mac
              gladams

Thanks Mike and USBC

Whatever is causing it is something either to do with the web viewer or the generated Flash in Fusion Charts. Other reports generated in the same way but only containing a container field and text, display and print ok on the Mac.

I also found out that when in Browse mode the chart was aligned on the left of the screen rather than the centre, some of the chart could be seen in Preview Mode. However it was upside down.

Regards the questions:

• I have tried both scripted and unscripted print setup, but was thinking of trying a print manager plugin to see if that helps.
              • Both printing and save as pdf have the same result
              • The main chart pages autosize, but the layout for printing or saving as pdf is a fixed size.
              • Not sure what you mean by static margins, but the page size is set US letter with the webviewer sized to fit both US letter and A4 size with standard printer margins.

Separating the script from the total application is a bit complicated, but if I can't sort it out this week will do so and post it for comment.

Mac Screenshot.png