3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 6:31 PM by stephensexton

Run with full access privileges

stephensexton

My impression was that if I check the "Run script with full access privileges" box, that script will run with "full access privileges".

It seems as though in order to create a record in a certain table using a very simple script (shown below), I had to enable creation of records in that table ("Logins") for the current account privilege set... EVEN if I checked the "Run script with full access privileges" box.

New window [Style: Document]

Go to layout [("Logins_" (Logins))]

New Record/Request

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug or misnomer?

• 1. Re: Run with full access privileges
          GaryTate

That should work (I've just set up a simple test and it works fine), so maybe there is something else going on.

Have you got any script triggers or similar that force a record to be created in another table?

Run in debug and see what error code is generated.

Which version of FM are you using and on which OS?

Gary

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Run with full access privileges
            wimdecorte

Is that table in the same file or another file as the script is?  If it is another file, the "run with full access" will have no effect since the table resides in another file.

• 3. Re: Run with full access privileges
              stephensexton

Thanks GaryTate for confirming that it should work and to wimdecorte for stating what should have been more obvious to me!  My solution uses data separation model and although my re-login scripts change the user in each of the 3 files (via scripts called from each file), the "Run with full access privileges" checkbox is nearly useless unless the script is in the same file or the function relates to layout access in the interface file etc.

I'd love it if we had an option for "Run with full access privileges" to apply to external data sources also.