the patch into the kb work not.
Please announce the next fix (date).
Arthur, are you sure you followed the instructions in detail? changed to the correct path when inserting the patch file in terminal?
it worked flawless for me.
2 Admins tryed 3 times ...
The .sh file didn't work but I could manually modify the Catalina files and clear the Java cache (following the detailed instructions PDF). Now i'm waiting for my customer to let me restart the server and see what happens.
patch run, the files are changed, cache deleted, and restart:
- Safari: localhost:16000
-> error 500
i tryed to start tomcat-srv:
admin$ cd /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Admin/admin-master-tomcat/bin/
admin$ sudo ./startup.sh -u fmserver
Using CATALINA_BASE: ..
Using CATALINA_HOME: ../../../Common/Tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ../temp
Using JRE_HOME: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Home
Using CLASSPATH: ../../../Common/Tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar
srv-par:bin stch_admin$ ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [../../../src/share/back/debugInit.c:690]
FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)
any ideas for next workaround?
- uninstall FMSA
- downgrade Java ? Which installer?
- re-install FMSA 11.04?
thanks for any help!
es gibt auch ein PDF zum Patch mit ausführlicheren Instruktionen.
there is also a PDF coming with the patch which has more detailled instructions.
Zudem gibt es noch einen Beitrag von Claus Lavendt, vielleicht probierst Du mal das aus:
There is also a post by Claus Lavendt, you may try out his proposed procedure:
Dr. Martin Braendle
Informationszentrum Chemie Biologie Pharmazie
HCI J 57.4
+41 44 632 29 48 Telefon
+41 44 633 12 87 Fax
Antworten an: "email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>" <email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>>
Datum: Freitag, 12. Juli 2013 11:50
Betreff: Re: Admin console on MacOSX10.6.8 with Java 1.6.0_51-b11
now on 2 other servers the patch work fine (standard-installation).
Dear FMP Gurus
I am not an expert but I hope this will help.
After Apple's security update to OS X 10.6, my FMS admin console no longer worked. After checking the File Maker website I saw there was an upgrade available. This upgrade required an OS X upgrade to 10.8.4 and a Java upgrade to version 7.
I went through the following process
1. I purchased the new OS X from the app store.
2. I downloaded FM Server - fms_188.8.131.525
3. I downloaded two Java's from the Oracle site - jre-7u25-macosx-x64 and jdk-7u25-macosx-x64
Once the new OS X was installed, I could no longer control the FM Server with the admin console so I used the terminal with this command: sudo launchctl stop com.filemaker.fms - This safely shutdown the server
4. I installed the two Java's and then I installed the new FM Server. There was an uninstall option after the lisence screen. This made it easy to remove the currently installed server.
5. Once the new FM Server was installed, it attempted to download the admin console using the Safari web browser. At this point things stalled.
I went to Safari preferences and in the advanced pane I turned on the "Develop" menu. This allowed me to show the error console. With the error console on I again tried to download the admin console. It came up with the following error: "failed to load resource frame load". This made me think it was a browser error. I googled this error and one of the solutions offered was to download Firefox.
6. Once Firefox was installed, I again tried to launch the admin console and it worked first time. I could now continue with the deployment of FM Server which went without a hitch other than when it came to the webserver deployment. Back to the terminal with this command: sudo apachectl start. Now hit the "retry" button in the admin console and web server was configured.
I do believe in doing the whole upgrade, OS X etc because I figure I'll have to go there in the end in any case.
That's it all good now. As I said I am not an expert. I got much of my information from the good people who post on technet and other forums. This is the process which worked for me and I hope it will help others.