7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 6:16 AM by jibardhan

App termination -Filemaker 12 Go

jibardhan

Hi

I have got 2 files say A and B.

File A has a datasource (filemaker) in External datasource as ----XYZ.

File A has a datasource (filemaker) in External datasource as ----MNO.

When the IPAD goes to sleep mode , while file A is opened ,the app terminates after IPAD resumes.

When the IPAD goes to sleep mode , while file B is opened ,the app does not terminates after IPAD resumes.

Please help .

Thanks

Jibardhan

• 1. Re: App termination -Filemaker 12 Go
          DavidJondreau

I'm assuming FM12 and that "the app terminates" actually means the file is disconnected and requires the user to re-enter credentials, and not that the app actually quits (something iPhone apps never do under normal conditions).

Make sure the following is enabled on XYZ, Manage Security-->Extended Privileges-> fmreauthenticateXXX where XXX is the number of minutes you want to allow the app to sleep for before requiring credentials again...up to 10080 minutes (aka one week).

• 2. Re: App termination -Filemaker 12 Go
            tech_liaison

David provides some good advice above. But I'm a little confused by the initial problem descripiton. You state that File A has external data sources to both XYZ and MNO. Is that correct, or is the second line supposed to say, "File B has MNO as an external data source?" In addtion, I'd like to know whether either or both XYZ and MNO are hosted by FileMaker Server, or stored locally on the iOS device?

• 3. Re: App termination -Filemaker 12 Go
              jibardhan

Hi All

Apologies for replying late.

File A's , external datasource XYZ is hosted on a Filemaker 12 server .

File B's , external datasource MNO is hosted on another Filemaker 12 server .

Till now , i could not figure out the problem . I guess this is due to the Server's capability to hosting clients . The server that we are using is a Developer's Edition server ,having hosting capacity for 3 clients only.

I have told my client to purchase the Filemaker 12 server which can have more hosting capacities.

Let's see after that.

• 4. Re: App termination -Filemaker 12 Go
                jibardhan

Thanks for the reply.

App termination means "app closes"  when the IPAD goes to sleep mode . And this issue rarely happens and not always.

• 5. Re: App termination -Filemaker 12 Go
                  jibardhan

Hi All

The hosting capacity has increased to 100 . But still the "app termination" error is not resolved.

It is causing a lot of migraine for me . I have made the IPAD "never to sleep" in the settings.

Can anybody trace me a feasible solution.

Thanks

Jibardhan

• 6. Re: App termination -Filemaker 12 Go
                    ecroissier

Hi Jibardhan,

Were you able to solve the problem you had with the the "App termination" error with Fm Go 12?

I assume you have the latest versions of all your FileMaker Apps.

What's your iPad model and iOS version installed?

Greetings.

--

Edu Croissier

• 7. Re: App termination -Filemaker 12 Go
                      jibardhan

Thanks for the reply.

No. I have not even tried for this WIERD issue as the project got closed due to Payment issue from client.

IPAD Model-MC774HN/A

iOS version- 6

Please suggest if anytthing , i can try out.

-Jibardhan