10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2013 3:23 PM by gdurniak

Repeated FM freezes (several minutes in duration) when connected to ESS table

PalmDBS

I have an ESS connection to a hosted MySQL database. I have other TO's to tables on that same ODBC connection, same data source (different table) with hunders of thousands of records, and have no issues.

On one small ESS table (~10k records), as soon as I specify the data source and table name and place the TO in the diagram and save, it locks filemaker for several minutes. It doesn't crash, but there is a 3-5 minute delay before FM will respond again. It will do this randomly throughout the day (was happening to all users for a while and we traced it to this TO). I removed the TO, the problem went away. I re-added it, with no relationships, and the problem is back. It will lock up FM for several minutes, then work for a while until it freezes again for several minutes. I double checked that there is a primary index in place (and there happen to be two additional INDEX indexes on the mysql table).

Not sure where/what to troubleshoot next. Any ideas?

Michael