3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 1:19 AM by ajk

FileMaker API for PHP over 2 servers

ajk

Hello all,

We've got two FileMaker 11 servers setup, balancing about 100 files each. On the second server (server b) I have cwp/php enabled and have a number of files which can be access using API for PHP. I've recently had to link (relate) to a file which is on Server a from one of my files thats on server b. I have a layout in my file which accesses all the fields I want displaying from the related file.

When I query that layout, I cant see any fields from the related file which is on server a.I'm guessing its becasue the API for PHP is restricted to accessing data from one machine? Is there anyway of accessing data from this file without having to

a) import that data from server a to server b into my file which is on server b,

b) without having to move the file physically across from server a to b.

I'm wondering whether you van alter the phpconf file so it can access data from both of my servers.

Would be interested in responses, really need that file to be hosted on server a as its a core file for the rest of the system.

Many thanks

• 1. Re: FileMaker API for PHP over 2 servers
          Malcolm

We've got two FileMaker 11 servers setup, balancing about 100 files each. On the second server (server b) I have cwp/php enabled and have a number of files which can be access using API for PHP. I've recently had to link (relate) to a file which is on Server a from one of my files thats on server b. I have a layout in my file which accesses all the fields I want displaying from the related file.

Does the account have access rights to the file on server a? Is the extended privilege to fmPHP checked?

malcolm

• 2. Re: FileMaker API for PHP over 2 servers
            TimDietrich

It's been a few years since I had to deal with the multiple server issue that you described. At the time, I was trying to setup a single database that I could use with the API, which would act as a gateway to the databases that I needed database from.

If I remember correctly, the problem was that the credentials being used by the API to access Server A either weren't being passed through to Server B, or simply weren't honored by Server B. Also, it didn't matter that the account being used to access the database on Server A had an identical account (with the exact same account name and password) in the database on Server B.

Unfortunately, I never did resolve this. I'm interested in hearing if anyone else has found a solution.

-- Tim

• 3. Re: FileMaker API for PHP over 2 servers
              ajk

Hi Guys

Thanks for replying to this. I was exploring the forums last night and came across ths thread which sounds like they were trying to do the same thing.

I'll experiment, but lack of time on the project probably means I'll end up going the import route - really trying to normalise my data and not have multiplr instances of it.