1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2013 2:08 AM by LyndsayHowarth

Portal Records display incorrect data

gkhaselev

to the FMP Guru's out there,

My solution contains a layout based on Table A that has two portals, one portal shows records from a related Table B that is only one relationship away. it works perfectly fine. The other portal is based on Table C which is related to Table B and ultimately Table A. The relationship works fine, and the portal almost always shows the correct data. On this layout as you go through the workflow it eventually changes a field in a record of Table C and then exits the layout. You can see this change immediately on a layout that is dedicated to another occurence of Table C. Then if i go back into the layout that displays the portal to Tables B and C the field that has been changed in my previous visit to this layout is not reflected. the portal to Table C shows the old value of the field.

thought it might be a caching issue, so i flush the cash everytime you enter or leave the layout containing two portals. but this didnt help.

• 1. Re: Portal Records display incorrect data
          LyndsayHowarth

This is more about stored vs unstored calculations. The second you click in that field it will update the value... as it is calculating only when necessary rather than indexing and storing the value. Presumably this field in B is dependent on multiple records in C.

You could have a simple OnLayoutEnter script which simply goes to that field then commits the records... this may help.

- Lyndsay