3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2013 8:17 AM by LyndsayHowarth

How do I show x axis (0 values) on a Graph?

fkoger

See the attached graphs, the top graph is not showing all posible values on the x-axis, I would like them all to display. The 1, 2, and 10 values are not showing 0. The 2nd graph shows all the possible values on the x-axis. All the values are in a Value List. Using the chart setup in the 3rd screen and the x-axis data values I feel there should be an easy calculation to show all values even if the value is 0. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
      Faith

• 1. Re: How do I show x axis (0 values) on a Graph?
          LyndsayHowarth

Not sure what is happening for you Faith but it works fine for me...

Screen Shot 2013-07-13 at 6.10.12 PM.png

Perhaps your result is really not ZERO but rather empty...

-or perhpas you are choosing the data via a relationship which eliminates zero results....

- Lyndsay

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I show x axis (0 values) on a Graph?
            fkoger

When I create a simple graph like yours, I can duplicate the response with either empty or zero.  What I am trying to do is limit the data through a find and still show all values, for example, I limit to only see sales of 25 but I still want to see all names.  I have a value list with all names but I am not sure how to get the graph to use the list to show the names without sales of 25, I would still like to see Sally, George, and Karen on the graph with no data along with the 2 that have 25 in Sales. Is this possible?  Thanks. Faith

• 3. Re: How do I show x axis (0 values) on a Graph?
              LyndsayHowarth

Yes Faith, it is possible... but I think you need to go about it in a different way.

Instead of having the Names as just a valuelist, you could have them as records in a "Salesperson" table.

Then you make a relationship with your actual sales info and use the names from the Salesperson table to match with the name field in the Sales table.

Then from the Salesperson table you can show the related sales totals by creating a "summary" field in the Sales table which gives the total of "total" field.

So from the Salesperson table you can chart both name and Sales::TotalSales for the found set of records.

I hope this makes sense...

- Lyndsay