4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 8:09 AM by SteveMartino

Keeping layout from changing in form/list view

SteveMartino

Hi Forum, was wondering if anyone had any ideas/suggestions as to why this layout changes when I go from form to list view. I tried all different combinations of anchors in auto resizing but to no avail. On the desktop the layout stays the same. On the iPad the header size & body size change. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Heres a screenshot of list view, then form view:

• 1. Re: Keeping layout from changing in form/list view
          mikebeargie

Are you using a template that you modified from or did you make this layout from scratch yourself?

Is there a separate iOS layout you use from your desktop layout (and if not, why not?). IE are you making anchor changes to the right layout?

• 2. Re: Keeping layout from changing in form/list view
            SteveMartino

Hi Mike, thanks for your response.  Yes I copied this iPad layout from the Desktop layout.  Then resized to fit.  All anchors (compared side by side) are the same.  I just didn't know if when you when you switch from list view to form view if this expansion was normal.

Steve

• 3. Re: Keeping layout from changing in form/list view
              mikebeargie

well, what it appears to be doing to me is expanding due to the map being anchored at the top and bottom. If you don't want it to expand it should only be anchored top and left.

In list view, you are displaying a series of records, so the top will not expand, it would just stay at it's default height. But in form view you are only displaying one record (body part), so the header would expand to take up the rest of the space.

Select that map in layout mode, and look at the anchoring in the inspector. How is it anchored?

• 4. Re: Keeping layout from changing in form/list view
                SteveMartino

Thanks for your reply Mike.  When you said the .."header would expand.."  I was thinking, nope the header is shrinking..then...Doink!  (Hitting myself in the head ). 

I realized when I made the layout I re-sized it using the screen & device template, and lined it up to iPad landscape, instead of portrait. All better now.

Thanks for taking your time to respond to us noobies...I'm sure I have more challenging problems in the future .

Regards

Steve