3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2013 11:20 PM by Malcolm

Creating a blank .csv file

tesg

Hi all fellow users,

I have developed a DB for the company I work for, and its been a roller coaster ride of trying to get the program to working with other program's.

Currently I am trying send data from my DB to another program, this file contains new records created in the past 24 hours. The company that maintain the other program have setup a script to read the data from filmaker pro DB when sent to them via an automatic script that sends an email with the data. All appears to be fine.

However I have hit a snag, the other program company is asking me to send a blank .csv file if no new records have been created in the past 24 hours. On my side if no data is found I get an email saying "No New Records found" and no attachment.

Does anyone know how this can be done??

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Creating a blank .csv file
          Malcolm

the other program company is asking me to send a blank .csv file if no new records have been created in the past 24 hours. On my side if no data is found I get an email saying "No New Records found"  and no attachment.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Fake it.

Code it into your script, If no records found then  send an email with an attachment which is basically an empty file

malcolm

• 2. Re: Creating a blank .csv file
            tesg

Thanks Malcolm for the speedy response. I will look into this. I didn't think you could send an empty records.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Creating a blank .csv file
              Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm for the speedy response. I will look into this. I didn't think you could send an empty records.

There's nothing to send. That's the part that you are faking. Create an email script step that sends an email and has an attachment which is a blank csv file.

Malcolm