AnsweredAssumed Answered

Web Viewer resources

Question asked by pmconaway on Jul 22, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 by mikebeargie

I'm looking for good resources regarding how to build a custom webpage based on filemaker pro data. The scenario is below. What I'm looking for is guidance on how to make this work. I figure I will need to build the html in a script or calculated field or store it as a global variable.

Scenario: Our communications department sends out a "News Clips" email everyday it contains a section heading "State Education News", a article heading, a summary of the article and the URL to the article. This gets sent to a email list serve as a HTML email.

I'm trying to recreate this feature in their tracking database. I'm not sure how they create it now but they would like to add this feature to the FMP solution I have helped create.

My thoughts on the FMP process.

1. Have them create a record for each article they find. The record will contain all the appropriate data they want displayed on the actual newsclips email.
  2. Once all the articles for that day have been found run a script to build the body of the html email.
  3. Once the script is run. End on a layout with a webviewer that displays the html page created by the script.
  4. The user then copies and pastes the email into an email and sends the email out. ( Could use the FMP mail script step also.

Any suggestions are helpful. I haven't found much yet.

Paul

Outcomes