Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 7 for FileMaker Pro 12
Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 adds text insert into files and the drag and drop of emails in FileMaker.
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, July 25th, 2013--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 7 for FileMaker Pro 12.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read IPTC and Exif metadata from JPEG, Raw and PNG images
What is new in version 7?
Troi File Plug-in 7 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and improved compatibility with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (preview version).
- Added new function TrFile_InsertContents, which can insert text into a file at a specified position. Also added a new Insert example file demonstrating this functionality.
- Added a grid view to the Thumbnail example file, which demonstrates (in a simplified way) how to implement square thumbnails in a grid. Also added the possibility to add a name when creating a thumbnail. The name can be used for example when you perform an Export Field Contents action.
- (Mac OS X) Improved the drag and drop functionality by adding Mail Drop. You can now drag one or more emails from the Mail.app to the FileMaker window. The updated DragAndDrop example file reflects the Mail Drop functionality with an extensive example demonstrating the handling of single and multiple Mail Drops.
- Added possibility to set the Photoshop Image URL metadata.
- Added possibility to write IPTC metadata encoded as UTF-8 text.
Troi File Plug-in 7 also has the following improvements and fixes:
- Rewrote the source code to make the plug-in more efficient and prevent possible errors.
- Fixed a bug in the TrFile_ListFolder function which could lead to a crash when one of the files inside the folder listed had a name longer than 128 characters.
(- Mac OS X) Improved the TrFile_MountDisk function: fixed a bug which could lead to a crash on Mountain Lion, when a url-style server name would be used with certain disk names, for example a disk with a space in the name. Also paths to SMB servers are now handled by improved and modern code.
Troi File Plug-in 7 gives you a greatly expanded file manipulation arsenal, all from FileMaker Pro!
More detailed information on all of the changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 7 can be found at: <http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html>.
The plug-in adds 64 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you limitless possibilities in managing your system outside of the database. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 7 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at:
Troi File Plug-in 7 works with FileMaker Pro 10, 11 and 12. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 10, 11 or 12. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.5.7 or higher, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (preview).
QuickTime 7 or later is needed for some image related functions.
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 7 also works with FileMaker Server 10, 11 or 12 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 449.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after January 1st, 2013 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 7. Eligible users have been sent a new registration string.
Upgrades from licenses bought before January 1st, 2013, are available from US$ 59 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: