1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 6:39 AM by erolst

Formating help needed

danielle-gwa

Hi everyone.

I have a list of parts in a sub-summary report that are sorted by quantity of each part that were used (ordered from highest to lowest).

I want to be able to ideally put a horizontal line across the report after the 10th highest part (so that i can clearly see the top 10 highest used parts).

Can anyone suggest a way to do this??

If a line across the report is not possible, is there formula/calculation that i could add to the field's conditional formatting in order to make it easy to see the highest 10 parts?

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Formating help needed
          erolst

Create a new summary field which summarizes the part field as a running total; then create a CF like (say) “myNewSummaryField = 10” (or 11, depending on your formatting method). To CF all parts within the TOP x, create a CF based on “myNewSummaryField <= x”.

Sorry, made a mistake; I just realized that of course the part name (or ID) will be in all the summarized records, so that's no help. What I did was to create a calc field Case ( PartID ≠ GetNthRecord ( PartID ; GetNthRecord - 1 ) ; 1  ).

This lets you create a result which is unique to each new start of a sub-summary, and which you can summarize. Obviously, the field to check is the break field for the summary. If anyone has a better method, please let me know.

CFperSummary_1.pngCFperSummary_2.png

btw, for a simple horizontal ruler, add a button element (assign it no action), adjust the dimensions in the Inspector (like height: 2pt), and CF it. FileMaker doesn't offer CF for the simple graphic elements from the Toolbar, but it does so for buttons, which you can then mis-use to your heart's content