2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 9:17 AM by mikebeargie

Customer Adds a License

edwardlscott

My client is going from 5 to 6 Filemaker Pro 11 licenses to access the FM Server 11 hosted database I wrote and maintain for them.

Two of their computers have been installed with the same license key and conflict if both are used at the same time (of course). I told them to buy another FM 12 license for a total of 6, then downgrade it to FM 11 through customer support. After they get the new license key, how does one go about changing and existing license key without de-installing and re-installing?

Thanks in advance for help!

• 1. Re: Customer Adds a License
          mikebeargie

There isn't a way, uninstall filemaker and reinstall it. Unless you like hacking the registry to bits, which would take longer anyways, just do a reinstall.

I also recommend using something like REVO uninstaller, which deletes all traces of the program before you reinstall. This can help get rid of errant registry keys and temp files.

• 2. Re: Customer Adds a License
            mikebeargie

oh, and if you're worried about getting the installer software, filemaker generates an email with your license key (and the downgrade) that gives you a download link, good for 30 days, where you can download the FM11 installer.