AnsweredAssumed Answered

Database Relationship Quandaries

Question asked by deebol on Jul 31, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2013 by deebol

Hi there

I'm attempting to create my first "real" database. I'm intending help out a colleague who has a Housing Inspection business. His current solution involves laptops for employees who fill in Word documents, take photos and assemble everything at home or back at the office. Poor things.

At this stage, I'm unsure how to proceed, as I am confused about relationships within the possible solution.

CUSTOMERS | INSPECTORS | AGENTS | INSPECTIONS | HOMES

The potential for Primary Keys and Foreign Keys seem endless. I've been learning from books, courses on Lynda.com and even attended a seminar on developing solutions for iOS. I reached out to FileMaker, but got no reply. And now, this whole thing is foxing me. I may be overthinking things, as I can see relationships in almost all directions.

Obviously this is not enough information at this stage for any type of solution. Possibly the supply of an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) to you would help?

Anyone out there kind enough to lend me a hand?

Thanks in advance. The idea of doing a database seems easy, but has quickly become very complex. However, I'm still enjoying the challenge.

Sincerely, deebol

Outcomes