4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 3:25 PM by mikeo'neil

Radio Button Color

mikeo'neil

Hi Folks,

I have a “Radio Button” field that is a “1” when the radio button is selected. What I would like to do is when the button is selected; I would like the physical button to change to a “Red” color. I do not need to display the value of “1” to the user. I have not been able to make this happen nor have I been able to find anything in the forum that explains how to do this or if it is even possible. My end result needed is a Circle that is Red filled about the size of an eraser tip diameter on the layout when the Radio Button field value is 1. FMPA 11 on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: Radio Button Color
          DavidZakary

You've got a couple of conflicting issues in trying to do this.

You can change the text colour of the radio button, but this doesn't control the colour of the radio button itself. Text colour can be controlled via conditional formatting.

The actual circle of the radio button is controlled via the line colour control. This can't be controlled via conditional formatting.

You might consider a cheat - using a graphic and container fields; swapping graphics in and out via a script.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Radio Button Color
            Mike_Mitchell

Another option is this nifty little trick:

http://www.sumware.net/robfm3/?p=233

Mike

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Radio Button Color
              raybaudi

1) Create a button ( size 15x15 ), give it a corner radius of 10, a solid line and a red fill color.

2) Conditional format it with formula:not YourTable::YourFlagField and fill color white.

3) Give it the single step: Set Field [ YourTable::YourFlagField ; not YourTable::YourFlagField ]

That's all.

• 4. Re: Radio Button Color
                mikeo'neil

Solved,

Thank you to David, Mike and Daniele. Danilele’s solution is what I will be using.

Just for your FYI, I am building a data collection tool for a medical study/research project. The Fire Department EMS Division is starting a project using Near Infrared Technology to detect bleeding in the brain from traumatic injuries. Normally this requires an extensive Scan to determine at hospitals. If we detect a brain bleed the patient would be diverted to a hospital with trauma services from the scene of the emergency. If this works out for us the number of lives saved and damage reductions will be a huge breakthrough in pre-hospital Emergency Medical Services. If any of you are going to DEVCON please look me up so I may personally thank you.

Thanks to all of you - Mike