AnsweredAssumed Answered

Saving as PDF on a server hosted solution

Question asked by peteraddison on Aug 19, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2014 by user9259

I have FM 12 server. Multiple clients, various OS.

I want to export to PDF automatically with a named pdf to a folder on the network. This could be a subfolder in the databases folder, but nothing I've done seems to work, resulting in:

""123XYZ.pdf" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk."

I created the subfolder and if I open with FMPro the filemaker file that is in that folder I can make the 'save' work, so I know the permissions are good. I've added "fmserver" to the permissions for good measure.

When I open the file with server and access "remotely" it fails with that error.

path is file:Invoices/$invoice where $invoice is the number of the invoice. and file:Invoices/ is a subfolder in the directory of the hosted file.

I've also tried other paths such as filemac:/MacintoshRD/Invoices/$Invoice and other network locations.

where /MacintoshRD/Invoices is the name of a folder on my root directory with permissions set to read-write

It would seem to me that this export script will not work with a hosted solution, but I'd love to be educated otherwise.

My alternative seems to be to force the user to save the pdf manually and choose the path at that time, which seems quite lame.

Advice?

Thanks! Peter

Outcomes