3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2013 5:27 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Showing data based on user choice in portal

duncanbaker

Hi folks

I have some ideas on how to do this but not fully formulated and I figured I'd get some thoughts from anyone here before having a crack at it. I have a Contacts layout. On this layout I have a tab control, with two tabs set up. The first tab is a portal showing related organizations (Orgs the Contact is tagged with). There will be one Org that is the default or primary Org for the Contact and this will be at the top using portal sorting. On the second tab I wish to show the organization details (address etc, essentially fields from the Org table) - this will default to be the primary Org details, but I'd like to have a button on the other Orgs in the portal that will highlight that row and send the user to the second tab and show the details for that Org. It's a bit like Go To Related Record but without leaving the Contact layout.

Hope I've explained that ok. Anyone with any ideas on ways to achieve this, I'd be very grateful to get on the right track from the outset when I get going on implementing this. Thanks so much.

Duncan