AnsweredAssumed Answered

Icons that align left

Question asked by duncanbaker on Aug 24, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2013 by Mike_Mitchell

Hey folks

I have an idea I'd like to implement and wondering what the best approach would be. I have a Contacts layout, and I'd like to show social media icons in a row on this layout. The actual address of the social pages (say Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) would be input on a popup edit layout and just the icons would show on the main Contact layout. I can already make the icon not show up if there is no address input (simple calculation field).

However, I'd like to get fancy and have the active icons align to the left. So, if a contact had all three it would display as:

FB icon | TW icon | IN icon

But if someone didn't have a Twitter account it would display as:

FB icon | IN icon

The IN icon shifts left and fills the spot that TW occupied in the previous example.

I'm thinking maybe three (or more) calculated container fields all with a complex Case statement that tests if the address exists and if it does that one of the previous container fields in the row doesn't already have that icon showing, but I've not got anywhere near testing to see what issues might be encountered.

Anyone done this before or got any ideas on best practice for implementing? Of course I could just make things easy by having icons static in position, but where's the fun in that?

Thanks all.

Outcomes