4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2013 2:50 AM by maurice2307

self-storage FileMaker application

maurice2307

Good afternoon everyone,

For a recent business start-up I am looking for self-storage software made with FileMaker. Instead of going through the effort of creating one from scratch, I though I might ask the community first.

The idea is straightforward: there is a warehouse which is divided in storage lots. These lots will be rented out to customers and subsequently invoiced on a weekly/monthly basis.

Of course there is need for lots of other functionalities (e.g. overview which lots are free for rent), but the developers who are familiar with this kind of product will know what's required.

I will already be quite happy to find a basic off-the-shelf solution which can be adapted to our specific situation.

I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction, or offer me a solution if you can provide one.

Kind regards,

Maurice

• 1. Re: self-storage FileMaker application
          LyndsayHowarth

Hi Maurice,

I have done a fair bit of Unit Management work... but often as part of a more comprehensive system.

One such system was designed for an adventure park for rev-heads where they also have cabins and camping plots. It has booking components and maintenance tracking and vehicle entry and exits and annual passes etc etc. It also has facility for owners of units and Agent management and tenants. It also allows Teams... to note a family or friendship group who are associated with the site and vehicles. It could be very close to what you need.

Please message me privately on TechNetor visit my web site (www.11hrg.com.au) and fill in the contact form. We can then arrange a demo via screensharing and chat.

- Lyndsay

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: self-storage FileMaker application
            mikebeargie

I wish I was doing cool work like this, sounds like an awesome solution!

Lyndsay Howarth wrote:

One such system was designed for an adventure park for rev-heads where they also have cabins and camping plots. It has booking components and maintenance tracking and vehicle entry and exits and annual passes etc etc. It also has facility for owners of units and Agent management and tenants. It also allows Teams... to note a family or friendship group who are associated with the site and vehicles. It could be very close to what you need.

• 3. Re: self-storage FileMaker application
              maurice2307

Hi Lyndsey,

I tried to contact you twice via your contact form, but is seems the messages aren't getting through.

How can we organise the demo?

Cheers,

Maurice