4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2013 6:51 PM by tm9

Help navigating to groups of related records from portals/records using scripts

tm9

Hi,

I am having trouble. I have a table for organizations. I have another table for members. This is a many-to-many relationship, both tables are connected by the join table "organizationmember". The idea is that there can be many organizations and each organization can have many members. Each member may be in many organizations but may not occur more than once in the same organization.

I am trying to create a script that will navigate from a portal (when a specific member is clicked on in that portal) to that members record in browse mode. Noramally I would simply use the "go to related record," however I would also like all of the other memebers associated with that same organization the portal was in to also be displayed in the find results so I may use my navigation buttons to click next and previous to view them. The idea being that I am in the record for Organization A and I click the name of a member of Organization A listed in a portal, the script takes me to that members record but also captures all of the other members who are apart of Organization A so I may use the navigation buttions to simply click through them.

I would also like to have another button that simply takes me to a list view of all the members for Organzation A.

Help please. I think I am overthinking this.