2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 3:14 PM by websalesabc

Custom Web development PHP

websalesabc

FileMaker Go is fantastic but I'm keen to get my app also to Android - The age old challenge? I hope that custom web publishing (php) may offer a possible solution. I'm new to this part of FileMaker and know that it cannot replace the FileMaker go client. I'm not sure if I can achieve a viable alternative this way or whether I'll be better of going the PhoneGap way for Android? I'm new to the app world and do not even know how long it takes getting a digital signature from Google so I can get an app out via the Google App store.

If anyone can advise me regarding this I'll be really grateful.

• 1. Re: Custom Web development PHP
          mikebeargie

CWP just runs through the web, so chances are you wouldn't be going through the gApp store to approve your app, you would just be pointing your users to whatever web solution runs your CWP application. No approval process, and also instant cross-platform compatibility (with blackberry and non-droid devices, pretty much anything with a mobile web browser).

My advice would be to not go it alone, if you have a profitable idea in mind, find a consultant or development house to do the hard PHP/CWP work for you, then rake in the rewards for yourself.

Also check out FMProMigrator, which converts filemaker files to PHP apps.

http://www.fmpromigrator.com/services/php_conversion.html

• 2. Re: Custom Web development PHP
            websalesabc

Thanks a million for great advice. I'm now confident that CWP is the way to go. My PHP is dodgy and there is no way I want to go at this alone in the short timeframe I have.

I will also have a close look at FMProMigrator, sounds very interesting.

Once again, thanks a million!!!

Cheers Joh