4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2015 12:34 PM by Stephen Huston

Container Field Not Accessing Stored File

greengk2fi

I have a container fields to store files and open directory so that I can store PDFs for certain client records and access them easily when I’m working with my clients. Oddly I seem to get only a portion of the functionality with this. I am looking for any help in simply being able to double click the field to open the contained files. I'm runnig FMP12 on a 2012 core i7 MacBook Pro w/OS X 10.8.4 and 16 GB RAM. The files in the container field are stored locally on my machine.

What works:

• I am able to drag and drop PDFs into the container field and they copy/store in the appropriate directory without any issues.
      • I can export the file contents from the container field without any issues.
      • I CANNOT simply double-click the container field to open the files. I can only open the files stored in the directory if f I navigate to that directory within the finder.

Here is a screen shot of my basic client info layout, showing that Insert PDF is grayed out. I’m not sure why this is the case because I can easily drag and drop pdfs into the field and export them as well. Perhaps it is a clue as to why I’m not able to merely double click to view the file?

A.png

This shows the field options:

C.png

This shows the document location. Again, from here I can open the files without a problem. But I cannot simply access it by clicking on the db field.

cq.png