At DevCon Todd Geist mentioned a way to transfer information from one database to another. Does anyone recall that order?? I think the custom functions are first.... What is the order?
The Quick Step-by-Step List
In general, when copying functionality from one FileMaker file to another, you will want to do so in the following order:
1. Rename table occurrences and fields in source file (throwaway file) to match target file.
2. Copy any necessary custom functions
3. Create any necessary value lists. These can be blank for now.
4. Copy tables and relationships.
5. Copy any necessary fields into existing tables.
6. Check Calculated Fields (check the Import.log file or use the Import Log Interpreter <http://www.inspirationssoftwaredesign.com/products/import-log-interpreter-for-filemaker-pro> tool)
7. Copy the value lists
8. Create Blank Layouts
9. Copy Scripts
10. Copy Layout Objects and Recreate Layout-Based Script Triggers
This will insure that any buttons, calculations or other objects that rely on other objects will maintain their links.
I got this from: http://www.inspirationssoftwaredesign.com
Thanks. I'll give that a try
Retrieving data ...