4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 7:13 AM by PaulWebb

Standalone versus hosted

PaulWebb

Trying to limit the view to a specific portfolio(customer).

Two tables.
      PORTFOLIO(customers)
      SR(trouble tickets)

Relationship
      portfolio = portfolio

Using GTRR from PORTFOLIO to SR limits the view. When performing a find on a layout based on SR it then finds records for all portfolios.

In security under record access for SR I set view to $$portfolio = portfolio. This now limits the users to only the current portfolio.

When I drop the file on the server and attempt the GTRR from a portfolio I receive an error 101 - no records found. Is the security handled differently when on a server?

FMP12Adv
      FMP12 server

• 1. Re: Standalone versus hosted
          davidhead

When does the file set $$portfolio? Does it have a value? If you manually switch to a list layout showing SR records can you view any records?

• 2. Re: Standalone versus hosted
            PaulWebb

when they hit the portfolio layout the variable is set. if they change records while on the same layout the variable is reset.

Yes, using the data viewer I can see that the variable is setting correctly. The solution works in a standalone scenario, just not on the server.

The user is unable to go to an SR layout without using the button that performs a GTRR. If I remove the config ($$portfolio=portfolio) from the security profile then the user will be taken to a list of related records when clicking the button but once they perform a find it is open to see records from other portfolios.

• 3. Re: Standalone versus hosted
              davidhead

OK so let's get some more detail here.

How is the field portfolio defined?

What is the script and what is the script trigger being used?

• 4. Re: Standalone versus hosted
                PaulWebb

Portfolio::portfolio - Text - Indexed, Can't Modify Auto, Always Validate, Require Value, Unique

SR::portfolio - Text -  Indexed, Can't Modify Auto

When landing on the portfolio layout the OnRecordLoad ST runs the following script.

Set Variable [$$portfolio; Value:PORTFOLIO::portfolio]

So if the user changes records the variable updates.

To jump to the SR layout the user clicks a button that runs the following sctipt with the parameter "SR".

Perform Script [ “Allow User Abort” ]

Perform Script [ “Set Error Capture” ]

# ----------SR------------------------
                If [ Get ( ScriptParameter ) = "SR" ]

Go to Related Record [ From table: “SR”; Using layout: “SR_List” (SR) ] [ Show only related records ]

# ----------RMA----------------------

Else If [ Get ( ScriptParameter ) = "RMA" ]
                Go to Related Record [ From table: “RMA”; Using layout: “RMA_Form” (RMA) ]  [ Show only related records ]

End If