2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2013 12:17 PM by IT_User

Portal Numbering

IT_User

Hello,

I'm trying to have portal lines numbered. The lines are created by a script and can be deleted. The lines should not be renumbered when something is deleted. Something may take its place or there is just a gap.

I was thinking of having the numbering field editable that when a new related item has been created it just puts a higher number until someone changes it.

I would have it autoenter, but since it is completely blank and at least needs the foreign key field to know what to relate to, then that hasn't really work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Portal Numbering
          PSI

This is easy. in your script capture the last portal row #, increment it by 1 and set that field when you create the record.

You can use Last ( portalrel::prowNbr ) or GetNthRecord ( prowNbr ; Count ( portalrel::ID )) to get the last #

John Morina

Pueblo Systems, Inc

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Portal Numbering
            IT_User

Oh, thanks forgot about that!

But I forgot to mention that they don't just add the related item on the same screen as the portal.

They do have some people that enter the info the same layout the portal is on, however, there is a iOS optimized layout where they add these items without the portal on the screen.