2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 2:59 AM by Mike_Mitchell

ERP and it's structure

robmertens

Hello all,

i'm sure this is allready written down somewhere but i can't seem to find an answer to my Question.

When i build my Database i create Tables like Person, Adress, Phonenumber etc.

I choose to make these seperate tables because a person never changes but he might for instance move to another city or get a new or multiple phonenumber(s).

So i connected the three tables by a key.

Because of dataseperation (which i'm trying to accomplish) i want to be able too show the data from a person including his adress and phonenumber(s) from another master file (and thus i have to create a TO from the File/table Person) but....do i need to do the same for the tables adress and phonenumber with their respective relations or is the connection between the three in the original file enough to "look through the relations"?

Maybe it's basic knowledge but then again, i love getting new advices to make me rethink the things i allready think i know!

• 1. Re: ERP and it's structure
          GaryTate

You need the To in the file that it is used. So you'll need them in the interface as well as the data files.

However, you do not necessarily need all or the same relationships in each file.

The relationships in the data file should be those needed for calculations whereas those in the interface file those needed for display purposes.

So you may not need a People -> Tel relationship in the data file as it's never used in any calculations, although it will be needed in the interface file.

Hope that helps

Gary

• 2. Re: ERP and it's structure
            Mike_Mitchell

Yes. Every file must have its own Relationships Graph, including all Table Occurrences needed for whatever functions to be performed.

Mike