3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 12:34 PM by thirdsun

Using IOS7 fonts, Helvetica Neue Ultralight

auguste

Does anyone know if it is gonna be possible to use the Helvetica Neue Ultralight font in filemaker go layouts at some point?

I just upgraded my ipad to OIS7 hopping this would anable the font, but I gues there as a filemaker upgrade needed too ?

/August E

• 1. Re: Using IOS7 fonts, Helvetica Neue Ultralight
          thirdsun

Why wouldn't it? Helvetica and its variations are supported on iOS - I assume FileMaker can use those fonts (apart from all those issues with padding and alignment in FileMaker Go).

As far as I can tell, though, most Helvetica Neue Ultralight occurences from the earlier Betas have been replaced with the Light version since some people complained about legibility.

In any case, if this is a solution you plan to use on the desktop or non-Retina devices too, I would very much advice against using Ultralight since it looks very bad on devices with that can't handle hairline fonts unless you're using them on large elements like headings.

• 2. Re: Using IOS7 fonts, Helvetica Neue Ultralight
            auguste

Well anyway, Helvetica Neu or Ultra Neue Ultralight seems not to work.

It just uses Hevetical instead.

/August

• 3. Re: Using IOS7 fonts, Helvetica Neue Ultralight
              thirdsun

Well, this is an FileMaker issue then - naturally Helvetica Neue is part of the iOS system fonts stack.

Just to be safe - you're night using Windows and some pirated variant of Helvetica? If so, it might differ from the iOS system version.