AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Login Script

Question asked by 1ngconsulting on Sep 20, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 by taylorsharpe

I have created a custom Login script for a FileMaker Pro 12 database (primarily utilized by iPads running FileMaker Go 12) that is hosted on FileMaker Server 12 and am having problems when more than one person attempts to login at the same time.

FileMaker locks the record while someone is running the login script, but when they are finished logging in and a second person is waiting to login, the server retains the custom dialog input field contents instead of clearing the contents (as the script instructs the system to do). This is completely an issue of timing. If one person logs in completely before another individual attempts to login, everything works beautifully.

I'm curious if someone with more experience than me could offer valuable advice as to an alternative method, or a way to prevent the error from occurring.

Originally, my plan was to use the 'relogin' command, but this uses the identity of the device being used, rather than the username and password that has been loaded into the program under security.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Outcomes