3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 6:49 AM by disabled_ScottKoontz

Admin_console: Clients with multiple connections to the server

user20157

User Ruoss got disconnected. After logging in again she got a message (attachment 1).

There were several users with multiple fmapp-connections (attachment 2).

- IWP did not work anymore

- some users were connected via Chrome 29

New proper installation (one week ago; new installation because of the same problem)

Hardware: MacMini 2012

Software: FMS 11.05, OSX Server 10.8.5, latest Java

Any tips?

• 1. Re: Admin_console: Clients with multiple connections to the server

How are there so many FMP 11 users connected? Are they different users that have the same computer name but different accounts?

Not sure what is happening, but I do know that Chrome is not supported for IWP. Chrome can cause IWP errors, including the dreaded 701. We asked all users to switch more than two weeks agao and have not had any problems since. Is it possible to ask the Chrome users to switch browsers?

• 2. Re: Admin_console: Clients with multiple connections to the server
            user20157

ScottKoontz wrote:

1) How are there so many FMP 11 users connected? Are they different users that have the same computer name but different accounts?

2) Not sure what is happening, but I do know that Chrome is not supported for IWP. Chrome can cause IWP errors, including the dreaded 701. We asked all users to switch more than two weeks agao and have not had any problems since. Is it possible to ask the Chrome users to switch browsers?

Thank you Scott for your time!

1) See User and IP on attachment_2 (IP per User is always the same)

2) No. We don't know the users.

René

• 3. Re: Admin_console: Clients with multiple connections to the server

René,

Upon reading your summary again and more carefully, it seems that users are running into their own locked record after they are kicked out. I was swayed by the Chrome reference, and I'm most likely wrong about teh Chrome culprit, but more info...

If (and a big if) Chrome is the problem with IWP access resulting in the record lock issue for FMP users (unlikely), then maybe you could warn IWP users upon startup? Again, it may not be Chrome, but with our setup (Mac Mini 2012, FMS 12, latest Java) we went from almost daily issues to no issues. Your issue and ours are very different, but I'd hate to see someone go though months of hair-pulling if a non-recommended browser was any part of the issue.

BTW, your same-named users are very likely the same user because of the User Name, but all users from a particular office would show the same routable IP.

Scott