Nickenich, Germany - MonkeyBread Software today is pleased to announce MBS FileMaker Plugin 3.4 for Mac OS X or Windows, the latest update to their product that is easily the most powerful plugin currently available for FileMaker Pro. As the leading database management solution for Windows, Mac, and the web, the FileMaker Pro Integrated Development Environment supports a plugin architecture that can easily extend the feature set of the application. MBS FileMaker Plugin 3.4 has been updated and now includes over 1800 different functions, and the versatile plugin has gained more new functions:
- Added Zip and Unzip functions to create and read zip archives. You can add container field content, files on disk or text to archives. For existing archives you can read them from disk or container file, query information, list files and uncompress them.
- On Mac OS X we can now edit the calendar database. You can list or edit existing events and reminders. Also you can create new events or reminders from FileMaker using the plugin. This way your solution can populate the calendars on the system with your own events.
- For image metadata we can now use the CoreGraphics image source functions. This way we can read EXIF and IPTC data from images and also metadata in JPEG, TIFF or PNG images.
- For DynaPDF we have new functions to encrypt PDFs and restrict usage. From existing PDFs you can extract all the embedded images and for easy use of template PDFs, we now have functions to replace text.
- Our SQL functions have been updated for FileMaker 12 and future versions. As 64bit is required now for WebPublishing, we ship a 64 bit version of the plugin for the first time. If you like, take a look and try it.
- The popular syntax highlighting feature has been improved with a better default rule set. When typing in MBS function calls in calculations we now highlight the function name in red if you have a typing mismatch.
- Finally we updated SerialPort and ServerSocket functions with more options.
For more details, please check the release notes. Take the time to check out the plugin and try the more than 200 example databases. Maybe you get some ideas on how to use the plugin in your solutions.
* Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and Intel processor
* Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
* FileMaker Pro 7.0 to 12.0
Pricing and Availability:
MBS FileMaker Plugin 3.4 for Mac OS X or Windows is available directly from the MonkeyBread website with licenses starting at just $149 (USD). Not all functions are available in both versions - check specifications. A free trial download is also available. Meet us at the Filemaker Conference in Salzburg, Austria or DevCon in San Antonio.
Monkeybread Software: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/
MBS FileMaker Plugin Website: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/FileMaker/
Function Reference: http://www.mbsplugins.eu/
Download Free Trial: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/FileMaker/download.shtml
Located in beautiful Nickenich, Germany, MonkeyBread Software is a privately held company founded in 2000 by Christian Schmitz. MonkeyBread Software focuses on the Macintosh and Windows platforms. With over eleven years as a software developer, Christian's aim is developing unique and useful utilities, complemented by first-class customer support. Copyright 2000-2013 Christian Schmitz Software GmbH. MonkeyBread Software is a registered trademark of Christian Schmitz, Nickenich. All Rights Reserved. Apple, and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. FileMaker Pro and FileMaker are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.