0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 7:51 AM by mansurmahmud

Inclusion of ERP in Tasks - Made for FileMaker

mansurmahmud

Hi Guys & Gals,

This is just my suggestion. In Made for FileMaker - in the Tasks we should add another Task Category as ERP. It is to be understood that ERP is not CRM. CRM is a function of ERP.

What is CRM

Customer relationship management (CRM) is a model for managing a company’s interactions with current and future customers and or suppliers. It involves using technology to organize, automate, and synchronize sales, marketing, customer service, and technical support. (Source www.wikipedia.com)

What is ERP

Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems integrate internal and external management of information across an entire organization embracing finance/ accounting, manufacturing, sales and service, CRM customer relationship management, etc. ERP systems automate this activity with an integrated software application. The purpose of ERP is to facilitate the flow of information between all business functions inside the boundaries of the organization and manage the connections to outside stakeholders.

ERP systems can run on a variety of computer hardware and network configurations, typically employing a database as a repository for information. (Source www.wikipedia.com)

My eWorks initiative is just that, may be an ambition yet I believe in a Solution that encompasses every workflow of a business. If we automate one aspect of business and then leave others is also not a solution.

Just a suggestion for consideration

Mansur MAHMUD